USA - South
Date(s) - 2021 Aug 13
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Generation X Games & Comics, 3504 Harwood Rd., Bedford TX
Welcome to the 2021 HBM Judge Conference!
This is an IN PERSON conference, kindly foil supported by Judge Academy and hosted by Generation X Games & Comics. It will be taking place on the Friday before the HBMO event.
- You do NOT have to be on staff for the HBMO event to attend the conference.
- You DO have to be a Judge Academy Certified L1+ judge at the time of the event to attend and receive foils.
- All participants will be expected to participate fully in all presentations in order to receive foils.
- Unfortunately we will be unable to accommodate virtual attendance for this event.
- All attendees are expected to be aware of any information posted on the event forum or emailed to attendees.
All participants are expected to comply with any state, local, or venue rules, restrictions, and precautions for COVID 19. Any participant who is not willing to comply or otherwise jeopardizes the health or wellbeing of anyone present will be asked to leave and will not receive foils. Any rules, restrictions, or precautions will be posted to the event forum in advance of the conference, and may include wearing masks.
The conference will begin at 11am and end at 4pm. Please arrive on time and ready to learn (and having eaten, as we will not be providing lunch). There will be 4 or 5 presenters with short breaks in between. All attendees will attend the same presentations (1 track), and presentations will be focused primarily on refreshing event skills as live events begin to take place.
Because of venue limitations, we will be capped at a total of 35 judges. That means that we may not be able to accept all applicants. To facilitate this, we are requesting that applicants provide a brief cover letter introducing yourself and what your judging goals are as events open back up.
We will be accepting applications for limited presenter slots for this conference. If you have a presentation you’d like to give at this conference, please include in your cover letter:
- The topic of your presentation
- A few sentences describing your presentation
- Any required materials (projector for slides, cards, etc.) for your presentation
- Previous conferences (if any) you used this presentation for
- References who can speak to the quality of the presentation (if any)
Apply to this Event
If you are interested in applying for this event, please make sure you are logged in to do so.
Accurate information is the responsibility of the tournament organizer for each of their respective events. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the organizer directly.