USA - Midwest
Additional Event URL
For questions, contact:
Date(s) - 2021 Apr 3
9:15 am - 2:45 pm
This conference is a repeat of the Midwest conference that occurred in March. It is intended for those who were unable to make that conference. Priority will be given to those applicants.
Priority will also be given to applicants from the Midwest region. However, if you are from another region feel free to apply. It is very likely we will have spots available for you.
This conference is JA approved and foil supported for certified judges L1 and above. You must attend all four presentation times unless an exception is given in order to receive foils. Attendance is capped at 125 attendees.
This is a two-track event that will be run on Zoom and Discord. What this means is there will be three sets of two simultaneous presentations. One track focusing on soft skills, the other on hard skills. You will choose which presentation you wish to attend during each time slot. Those will be followed by a single presentation that everyone will attend. Please ensure your Zoom is up to date as breakout rooms will require a more recent version.
For questions reach out to Bree Yard (email@example.com), Elaine Cao , or Shawn Gadow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Schedule: (All times are listed in Central Standard Time (GMT-6)
Start time: 9:15am End time: 2:45pm
8:00: Zoom will open for networking
9:30 – 10:30: (choose 1)
- (Soft Skills) Community Driven: A discussion of issues within local play communities, as requested by you! Guide the conversation by filling out a simple Google Form, and join the session to hear views and advice on how to deal with community issues. https://forms.gle/PJ99bnABJzmRSAgb9 – Nat Graham & David Schultz
- (Hard Skills) Quantum Timing: How Magic Works at the Smallest Scales Description: Instant spells are fast, right? Not really, no. But ok, mana abilities are the fastest things in the game, right? Nope, they’re still quite slow compared to some of the things we’ll be talking about. Intrigued yet? – Isaac King
10:40-11:55: (choose 1)
- (Soft Skills) Appeal and Difficult Calls – Rob McKenzie
- (Hard Skills) Replacement Effects – Learn all about replacement effects – Steven Zwanger
12:20-1:30: (choose 1)
- (Soft Skills) Giving a Digital JA Presentation as a Newly Minted L1 or a Grizzled L3 who’s done it all – Mark Mason
- (Hard Skills) Intro To Layers – Tobias Vyseri
1:45-2:45: Relationships and Judging – Meg Baum
2:45-4:00: Zoom will open for networking
Apply to this Event
Accurate information is the responsibility of the tournament organizer for each of their respective events. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the organizer directly.