USA - Midwest
Additional Event URL
For questions, contact:
Date(s) - 2021 Oct 23 - 2021 Dec 12
Nerd Rage Gaming is excited to present the Head Judge and Scorekeeper solicitation for all events as part of the 2021 NRG Series. For more information on the 2021 NRG Series, please visit this link.
We are looking for Head Judges and Scorekeepers for the following events:
- October 23-24, 2021 – Mundelein, IL
- Saturday Modern Trial HJ
- Sunday Legacy Trial HJ
- November 27-28, 2021 – Mundelein, IL
- Saturday Team Showdown (Limited/Modern/Legacy) HJ
- Sunday Modern Trial HJ
- December 11-12, 2021 – Milwaukee, WI
- Saturday Legacy Trial HJ
- Sunday Modern Trial HJ
Judges who are interested in being in a Head Judge or Scorekeeper role for any of these events should fill out the google form here. Filling out a cover letter through Judge Academy is not required. Applications will close on August 31, 2021. Applications received after this date may still be considered, but they will be at a lower priority than other applications.
Head Judge: We envision that our judges will HJ for one of the events and work as a floor judge on the day that they are not head judging. You will receive floor judge compensation rates ($175 for L2 or $225 for L3) on the day you are not Head Judging.
Scorekeeper: Scorekeepers will be in their role for both days of the event. Our base compensation rates are $200 per day, but that may scale based on previous experience level and expertise.
Compensation will be in the form of a check upon the conclusion of the event and must complete appropriate tax paperwork (W-9 for US citizens). Staff members may opt to receive store credit or product instead of cash compensation. Store credit can be spent at the vendor booth, in-store, or at nerdragegaming.com. Staff members may elect to take sealed product of the most recent Standard set at $80/box. So, for example, an L2 head judge can choose between $250 paid via check (pending tax form completion), $250 in store credit, or 112 packs of the recent Standard set per day.
|Role||Cash Compensation (per day)|
|Head Judge (L2)||$250|
|Head Judge (L3)||$300|
Nerd Rage Gaming offers a partial room sponsorship for HJs and SKs should they require it. Judges who receive this partial room sponsorship will have a spot in a staff hotel room for Friday and Saturday night (shared with the other Advanced Role staff members, if applicable). In your application, you will have the opportunity to indicate your hotel room preferences for each event.
- COVID-19 Policy: This event will be run in accordance with any COVID-19 health and safety protocols as directed by the venue, municipality, state, and country. All NRG staff members and judges are required to be fully vaccinated, and we strongly urge all attendees to be wearing masks. Do not attend if you or a member of your household is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. The NRG Series reserves the right to modify our policies as we see fit, including mask requirements, up to the day of the event. We also reserve the right to cancel this event at any time. Should this event become canceled due to COVID-19, Nerd Rage Gaming Ltd. is not responsible for covering any costs such as hotel, travel accommodations, or other purchases. We urge everyone to only book travel that is 100% refundable.
- All questions or comments about this application can be directed to NRG Judge Manager Max Kahn at email@example.com.
- Applicants should be notified regarding their acceptance within 14 days of the application window closing.
- We expect applications for all NRG Series events to be fairly competitive. If you apply and are not accepted, please apply again in the future!
Accurate information is the responsibility of the tournament organizer for each of their respective events. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the organizer directly.