Date(s) - 2021 May 29
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Welcome to the Southeast Asia Level 2+ Judge Conference Page for 2021!
This is our region’s Q2 conference which will be held online on the weekend of 29 May 2021 as an online event. 10am-4pm Manila Time, with one hour lunch break from 12-1pm.
The idea of this event is to gather with our fellow L2+ judges in the region, to learn and discuss about two things: Leadership & Mentoring.
You can attend if you are:
– a level 2+ judge and certified by Judge Academy.
-if you mentor somebody that is not level 2 yet, due to no events, or you yourself is a level 2 candidate, please check foil eligibility details below.
If you are an L2+ judge from beyond Southeast Asia Region, please contact me before applying.
Please click here to apply.
Event Capacity: 50-100
Airmeet, it is a web-based platform. it is highly recommended that you use a laptop or desktop during the sessions. Mobile device can be used, but as of writing, there are some limitations from the site.
Topics to be presented: (schedule will be updated soon)
Nathaniel Graham – Educational Leadership
Qj Wong – [Road to L3] – Why you should work towards L3 even if you’re not planning to level up; and regardless how to prepare for it
Zhaoben Xu – Working with Scorekeepers: Collaboration in a Broader Context
Ivan Petkovic – Feedback 101 (with focus on fostering feedback culture)
Klaus Lassacher – Organizing a conference for growth
Foil support eligibility:
In order for you to receive judge promos, you must apply via the Judge Academy page.
* A level 2+ judge and certified by Judge Academy.
* Attend 3/5 presentations.
* In special cases for judges that are close to L2+ and could not level up due to the Pandemic. Ask your mentor to submit an endorsement letter for you and send it to my email. You must also indicate on your cover letter who you mentor is.
All attendees are required to submit at least One Constructive Feedback. Something that’s not generic.
Is actionable and based on observation.
Your constructive feedback must include:
- Your observation.
- If the presenter “did well” or “needs improvement”, it must be followed up with, “why” do you think so?”
- Additionally, any actionable suggestions for improvement or different approach for the presenter to consider, must be included to the feedback as well.
Alternatively, an attendee may write a reflection by answering the following questions:
- Did I learn anything from the presentation?
- Which part of the presentation attracted me the most?
- If I were to present the same topic, is there anything different that I would do?
* All submitted feedback/ reflection will be reviewed *
But of course, feel free to send more than one.
For your cover, kindly introduce yourself and share your thoughts on the possible challenges of mentoring a judge candidate nowadays, since we’re doing it mostly online since last year.
Note: no blank cover letters =)
Foils will be shipped shortly after I received them from Judge Academy. With minimal fee to be collected for express delivery.
Applications are open for the presenter role until February 20, 2021.
We’re looking for 6-8 presenters for this event.
While for attendees applications are open until May 19, 2021.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions for this online:
Apply to this Event
Accurate information is the responsibility of the tournament organizer for each of their respective events. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the organizer directly.