Thank you for continuing your judging career with Judge Academy. Let’s get you oriented to the site and help you find your next few steps through this new environment.
We are honoring the Certification Levels earned in the Legacy Magic Judge Program for 6 months from the time the Countries were eligible to join Judge Academy. This means that if you are already a certified Judge, you will be granted the Judge Academy certification of the same level. This does not happen automatically, and there are couple things you should know.
In order to verify your Certification Level, click on “My Profile” and then “Edit Your Profile”. Here you will enter your DCI Number and then click “Update Profile”. Once you have done that a blue button titled “Authorize JudgeApps Historical Level Migration” will appear that will allow you to authenticate with Judge Apps to verify your current level. You will be sent to JudgeApps where you will log in to the site. A page will pop up asking for permission to access your JudgeApps information. Once you have agreed you will be sent back to the site and should see confirmation of the successful migration. You will be given credit for all courses in both the Core Competency and Event Management course families. Finally, you will be head to the membership tab on your profile to purchase and finalize your Certification.
Level 1 Judges will be required to satisfactorily complete all courses in the Community Building course family by the end of the 6 month period. After those 6 months, any Judge who has not will have their certification temporarily revoked until they complete the courses. If they fail to do so before the end of their 12 month Membership term they will lose that certification and be required to pass the L1 Test to regain that certification.
For Level 2 and 3 Judges, the requirements for maintaining your certification are still being hammered out. These details will be finalized before April 1, 2020 and L2 and L3 Judges will have until Oct 1, 2020 to complete these requirements.
If you have a historical judge level:
- Head to your Profile
- Scroll down and enter your DCI Number – EXACTLY as you have previously entered it in Judge Apps.
- Once entered, scroll down and click “Update Profile”.
- You will now see a button titled “Authorize Judge Apps Historical Level Migration”.
- Click the button to be redirected to Judge Apps.
- Log in with your Judge Apps credentials and click “Accept”.
- You will be sent back to this page and should see green text that says “Historical Level Successfully Migrated”.
- Click on the Memberships tab for the final step in this process.
- If you experience any difficulties with the import process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.