Job Title: Communications Champion
Department/Group: Community Team
Travel Required: 5-10% Travel
Position Type: Part-Time Hourly (~20 hours a week)
Expected Pay: $15-25 USD/hour Depending on qualifications and cost of living
Report To: Program Manager
Applications Accepted By email TO: NICOLETTE@JUDGEACADEMY.COM
Subject Line: Communications Champion
At Judge Academy, we believe gaming is important. Games change lives. Games connect people. Games build friendships. And, most importantly, games build communities.
A community can grow and evolve into something special for everyone who’s a part of it. But, just like a gaming community needs a caring and thoughtful leader (such as a JA Judge) to help it grow, Judge Academy needs someone to champion our advertising and engagement initiatives to help us best connect with the members we serve. Here’s where you come in!
As the Communications Champion, you’ll work alongside a team of Champions all working to best serve their specific segment of judges or members. While the other Champions focus on the creation of content and overall needs for their assigned group, you’ll be ensuring that Judge Academy’s content, announcements, and engagement initiatives have a cohesive voice.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Community engagement through email, Discord, social media, and special events/programing
- Track efficiency of Champion initiatives and implement optimizations to improve KPIs such as Acquisition Cost, RoI for programming, member engagement and retention numbers
- Work with Program Manager to Craft monthly update emails to keep subscribed members up to date on announcements, new features, special events, etc.
- Attend weekly stand-up meetings for the Community Team, as well as a weekly 1-on-1 with our Program Manager
- Review materials to be published for clarity, spelling, grammar, etc.
- Handle general customer service, escalating issues when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree, Certification, or other experience in Social Media/PR Management
- Confidence meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience creating and following a social media calendar over multiple social media platforms such as Discord, Facebook, and Twitter
- Ability to self-manage and ask for help and support when needed
- Copy-editing experience a plus!