Job Title: MTG Community Bards Champion
Department/Group: Community Team
Travel Required: 5-10% Travel
Position Type: Part-Time Hourly (~20 hours a week)
Expected Pay: $15-25 USD/hour Depending on qualifications and cost of living
Report To: Program Manager
Applications Accepted By email TO: NICOLETTE@JUDGEACADEMY.COM
Subject Line: MTG Community Bards Champion
At Judge Academy, we believe gaming is important. Games change lives. Games connect people. Games build friendships. And, most importantly, games build communities.
A community can grow and evolve into something special for everyone who’s a part of it. But, just like a gaming community needs a caring and thoughtful leader (such as a JA Judge) to help it grow, Judge Academy needs someone to champion the needs of our most people-focused judges, our Community Bards. Here’s where you come in!
If you ask a “Community Bard” what people generally want out of an event, they are likely to respond with something like, “Everyone wants to enjoy this event”. They are motivated by a strong connection to their community (judge, LGS, etc.), and a desire to come together and build relationships through events, projects, conferences, and more. As the MTG Bards Champion, you’ll focus on the creation of content, and special programming for those judges.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow processes to create new content geared towards local events, conferences, etc.
- Build relationships with external content creators, artists, and speakers to ensure production and event deadlines are met and new content is released on a regular basis
- Review, approve, and process sponsorship requests for digital and physical conferences.
- Attend weekly stand-up meetings for the Community Team, as well as a weekly 1-on-1 with our Program Manager
- Handle general customer service, escalating issues when necessary
- Brainstorm and create initiatives for store-level judges including Magic/Judge Branded gear, Live Pre-Release help (similar to “Butterball Turkey Talk Hotline”), etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- JA MTG Certification
- Experience meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in content creation and following production schedules
- Strong empathy for community-focused judges and their different motivations, needs, and desires
- Ability to self-manage and ask for help and support when needed