Job Title: MTG Paladin Champion
Department/Group: Community Team
Travel Required: 10-15% Travel
Position Type: Part-Time
Report To: Program Manager
Applications Accepted By email TO: NICOLETTE@JUDGEACADEMY.COM
Subject Line: MTG Paladin Champion
At Judge Academy, we believe gaming is important. Games change lives. Games connect people. Games build friendships. And, most importantly, games build communities.
A community can grow and evolve into something special for everyone who’s a part of it. But, just like a gaming community needs a caring and thoughtful leader (such as a JA Judge) to help it grow, Judge Academy needs someone to champion the needs of our most policy and investigation-focused judges, our Event Paladins. Here’s where you come in!
If you ask a “Paladin” judge what people generally want out of an event, they are likely to respond with something like, “Everyone wants this event to be fair”. They are motivated by a desire to improve event policy, learn new investigative techniques, and engage in conversations with others on how best to improve policy to match an ever-changing event scene. As the MTG Paladin Champion, you’ll focus on the creation of content, tools, and special programming for those judges.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the vision for community and member engagement for among Paladin Judges
- Follow processes and style guides, to create new content geared focused on investigations, policy philosophy, and advanced judge call training
- Build relationships with external content creators and speakers to ensure production and event deadlines are met and new content is released on a regular basis
- Facilitate policy articles and discussion spaces to connect rules fans with enthusiastic experts
- Create update quizzes and maintenance exams focused on policy changes
- Attend weekly stand-up meetings for the Community Team, as well as a weekly 1-on-1 with our Program Manager
- Handle general customer service, escalating issues when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Level 2 or Level 3 JA MTG Certification preferred
- Experience meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in content creation and following production schedules
- Strong empathy for policy-focused judges and their different motivations, needs, and desires
- Ability to self-manage and ask for help and support when needed