You can use the links below to view this announcement in other languages:
Español | 日本語 | Deutsch | Italiano | Português | Français | 普通话
That was a lot, wasn’t it? Don’t panic! Here are the important things to know:
- We are no longer organizing our members primarily by region.
- Judge Academy is hiring Champions for each motivational judge-type. (Tournament Rules, Event Logistics, Game Rules, Community Relations).
- Champions will create initiatives and content intended for their archetype.
- Local distribution hubs will still be used for conference sponsorship distribution.
- In 2022 JA is expanding L1 Translation materials in Portuguese and Chinese.
- In 2022 the membership fee changes to $75 USD, regardless of level.
- JA has restructured so that we no longer need to collect VAT from EU members.
- Judge-exclusive merchandise packages will be available for purchase. More info will be released on this soon.
- Membership renewal will open in November for 2022 dues.
- Unrenewed memberships expire and move to Rules Advisor on Feb 1, 2022.
- New-member welcome bonuses will not continue into 2022.
- You will be notified when new content is posted that is required for maintenance.
- L1 and L2 advancement processes have not changed.
- JA has confirmed L2 badges, the L3 process, and advanced L3 certifications.
- L3 Modules are live. Forms for sign-offs and digital L3P will be live in January.
Judge Academy Promos
- Direct-mailing promos is an unsustainable process.
- 2022 Judge Academy Promos will only be distributed as rewards through conferences.
- JA is striving to make the distribution of promos less transactional and more clearly rewards based on community engagement.
- The promo theme for 2022 is Enchantments.
- Conference Support Structure for 2022:
- Two new promos will be released every three months.
- Digital conferences will give out the two new promos.
- In-person conferences will give out the two new promos as well as two older promos from the previous wave.
- Conference organizers and presenters will also receive a previewed promo that will only be available to organizers and presenters up until the December End-of-Year Celebrations in 2022.
- Promos spoiled so far: Wave 1 – Greater Auramancy, Omniscience; Wave 2 – Parallel Lives, Stranglehold; Preview Card 1 – No Mercy.
Site Improvements Coming
- Graphic design overhauls to the website – More simple and visually appealing.
- Social features such as: Friend List, Messaging, Activity Feed, Skills Endorsement, Profile Customization, Judge Resume Creator.
- Better event creation capabilities. Events can be marked as “favorites.” Old events will eventually be imported for record-keeping purposes.
- Persona System – Judge, Tournament Organizer, Player, and Game Publisher.
- Each interacts differently with the site. Personas toggle needed buttons to make navigating the site easier.
- New account registration is being simplified.
- Judge projects are coming back and JA will be providing project organization and management tools to help.
- Judge projects will be built on and follow an Open Source framework.
- Judge projects are independently organized, meaning JA cannot direct, manage, or control any judge projects.
- Judge projects can be privately owned or community owned, but are never owned by Judge Academy.
- Judge projects are not compensated by Judge Academy. Judges are free to participate (or not participate) in judge projects as they see fit.
- Judge Academy would appreciate some beta testers for the new features, so sign up here if you are interested!
Tournament Organizer Program
- Judge Academy will soon have a skill tree and modules specifically for TOs.
- The goal is to make events even better!